Thursday 4 October 2012

Second Year begins!



Hello my lovelies…it’s been a little while I know but I’m just trying to get back into the swing of things as I’m now back up in town and settling into the new house! It’s been a bit chaotic as we’ve just finished Freshers’ week (which I was helping out with this year!) and therefore I appear to have been out most nights (Yes, I did spend the other night dressed as a Roman; I must say it got rather cold and bit damp!). Anyway all back to normal now with lots of work hence why it’s taken me even longer to update this!
Homemade togas!
Hat!

So what’s new in my life? I have found an addition to the hat wardrobe in the form of a straw boater (finally!) so I am now fully prepared to don that and my stripy blazer and disappear with some handsome chap in a boat.  Next on the list is a bowler hat methinks!


Gosh, I’ve been so busy and yet my brain seems to have shrivelled up completely; one can only blame too much work and not enough partying. I had a job interview recently and got asked some quite interesting questions so I guess I could talk about them! Number 1 was if I was on a desert island what three items would I take with me; I must admit I struggled with this! The practical Girlguiding part of me said tent, penknife and matches but I ended up saying the crazy, pyscho dog, sketchpad and chocolate…sadly I forgot a pencil for my sketchpad but I thought I could use charcoal! Later, on the way home, someone “analysed” my answers as me being clingy, affectionate, bit of a daydreamer and…a manic depressive (the joy of friends taking the mick…let’s hope they did mean it as a joke anyway!). Question numero deux was if you could invite anyone, living or dead, to a dinner party, who would you invite? Time was limited, and looking back my choices probably would have made for rather weird evening as I picked Boris Johnson. Ryan Reynolds (just to stare at of course) and Winston Churchill! Thinking back there would be loads of other people I’d love to invite…possibly Jane Austen to get some advice on how to get my Mr Darcy!

I feel like I’m procrastinating but shockingly I’m actually fairly up to date with my work although an early night would possibly be a nice idea as I start at 9 tomorrow…yay! I seem to have avoided Freshers’ Flu somehow (well apart from a minor cough but nothing that can’t be cured with some orange juice and lots of cough syrup) and am back singing and dancing around like a nutter once more much to the displeasure of my poor housemates. I shall have to creep off to bed (it’s the warmest place in what is a slightly chilly house) and I promise to do another post soon! Night all!



No comments:

Post a Comment